Thursday, December 10, 2009

Getting Ready for the Party!

Hi Everyone!

Well it is only 1pm and I have 4 more hours to wait for the party to start. I hate waiting for parties to start! All of the jewellers have been diligently working to finish lots of new work while planning for tonights festivities and I can't wait to open a bottle of wine and toast everyone to a job well done.

Tonight we will be celebrating a lot of things. The first and most obvious is that we have been open for three years. I think its quite an accomplishment based on the current economic state. Another reason to celebrate is that the studio is full for the first time ever. Each jeweller brings a unique style perspective to the studio and we are richer as a community for this diversity. Another thing is that our classes are finally running on a regular basis. I think this one is in part due to the creation of a class postcard showing what students with no experience can create in a short period of time. Finally I think we are all thankful that we have a job we love to come to everyday and be creative at. Don't get me wrong there are days I think I would have been better off just sleeping but then there are days where I work straight through the night creating at my bench...and those far outweigh any of the negatives!

Now all I have to do is find something to occupy  the next 3 3/4 hrs until you show up:o)

See you tonight!

Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment