Saturday, July 24, 2010

Two weeks after the Outdoor Show!

July is starting to wind down, and it's been a busy one!
For those of you who didn't know, I participated in the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition at Nathan Phillips Square on July 9-11. It was a great weekend, and despite setting up in a torrential downpour.
I had the help of my father again, who likes to drive in from Montreal (or rather, I volunteered his services for a weekend.... parents are handy that way). The show was a huge success despite many roadblocks that made it harder to work at the studio (G20 Summit....a downtown power outage).
I finished many new designs and showed over 60 pieces of jewellery. I was really honoured to receive the award for Best Jewellery in that category for the second year in a row - I didn't think it possible! Now I am gearing up for our group exhibition "RED" in which I will make jewellery inspired by debt, visual language of sales and advertising........I'm sitting here cutting out many many many "red tags" with the word "sale"...which will eventually turn into a necklace of giant proportions.

Next enameling class is scheduled to begin Wednesday, August 18th! This 8 week class will run Wednesdays from 6:30 to 9:30 pm and is offered at a beginner (no experience necessary) or intermediate level (for those who have taken fabrication and beginner enameling or equivalent elsewhere) Can't wait!

Please visit my Metal Arts Guild page for more photos from the Outdoor Show and some of my most recent work!

Signing off for now!


- Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment