Wednesday, November 24, 2010

my little secret

Relationships linking us together in an emotional sense are referred to as bonds.  Bonds are commonly formed between people, and are generally positive, but there are variations. Through a piece that I created, I have chosen to explore the bonds of addiction.

All of us, at some point, have had an unhealthy craving for something we can’t get enough of, no matter how hard we try. Among the more usual addictions we are bound to are things food and smoking, but we can equally be addicted to thrills, or to things we can’t really define.

The piece I made is a literal representation of drug addiction through the form of a medication capsule. Upon closer examination, however, one section of the capsule reveals a yellow gem, and inside it glows a red one. I am addicted to the secret deep inside.

CAPSULE DIRECTIONS: Dwell, nurture, worry, anticipate, finger, swallow. Repeat.

NOTE:
I stonecut the citrus gemstone found inside the capsule myself.
The pendant can be worn either as a closed or open capsule.

Young Kyoung Ko

No comments:

Post a Comment