Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition

For the past two months I have been working day and night like a nut, trying to get a series of pieces finished in time for the deadline to apply for the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition. Now, if you know anything about the jewellery scene in Toronto, you know that this is one of the great opportunities to show your work in this city. It was my goal to apply to this show this year, and I’m not sure if I’m ready – but when will I start if I don’t apply this year? Next year? In two or in five years? If I don’t apply now, I will never be ready.

It’s possible that I may not be accepted but I learned so many things in preparing my application. I found a unique style, I really progressed as an artist, and I am very proud of myself. I don’t think that my pieces are perfect, and I don’t like every piece, but the important thing is that I am trying. I think that I have accomplished my goal this year.

- Young Ko

No comments:

Post a Comment