Sunday, June 19, 2011

Gingko and Oragami






Recently, I found some old pieces I casted at school.  They were casted in bronze from organic material - dried ginkgo leaves. I am developing an idea that would combine my previous designs inspired by ginko seeds & fertilizaton with these ginkgo leaves.  I'm intrigued by the potential of combining my more abstract pieces with pieces from nature.
I want to share a documentary film I recently saw "Between the Folds" filmed by Vanessa Gould. I was amazed by all the wonderful possibilities of a simple form - hand folded paper! It can be transformed into very complicated 3D forms that I would never have imagined. The beautiful origami not only has delicate craftsmanship in art, but also greatly influences scientific research. It has enlightened a new world in art, science and philosophy and given me a new perspective on the creative process.  Be sure to check out the link!


ChiaChien Tsai












No comments:

Post a Comment