Thursday, September 19, 2013

Introducing: Carolyn Cathcart of Cathcart Designs

                    
          
Surrounded by my peers, I'm in the one in the middle.
            Well hello there. I am Carolyn Cathcart, newest goldsmith/designer/maker at Jewel Envy and I thought it was high time I introduce myself. I am a fresh graduate from the wonderfully challenging Jewellery Arts program at George Brown College, which was a life changing 3 years to say the least.

             While I was a student I really enjoyed working with alternative materials and it is a passion that has carried well into my shiny new career. The earrings below were the pieces I submitted to and subsequently won the Pat Cooney - Ontario Crafts Council Award for Production Manufacture.



                       Only in my third month at 151 Marion St and I already feel at home. Whether it is all the friendly faces or the bright blue hues of the workspace, Jewel Envy is a great place to be. Alot of owrk is on the way, including getting my nearly completed logo up on the website. Stay tuned!

-Carolyn
Cathcart Designs

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing all of your creations, Carolyn! You are so talented - they're lucky to have you there.

    Amy (and Mike)

    ReplyDelete