Saturday, January 18, 2014

Slightly Late Golden Globes 2014 Favourites

So, last Sunday was the 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards for television and film. I've been watching this awards show and The Oscars since I was 12. Half for the movies and tv shows and half for the fashion, ooooobviously. Here are my favourites from the red carpet this year.
Sofia Vergara's turquoise statement necklace by Lorraine Schwartz was my favourite piece. Followed closely by Jennifer Lawrence's emerald and diamond earrings by Neil Lane. She won best supporting actress that night for American Hustle. Too bad her diamond bracelet didn't have some of that support as it went flying off during an interview with Ryan Seacrest! YouTube it! She's alarmingly cool about it, as usual...
Best overall is my homegirl Cate Blanchett who never ever fails to amaze me, this time in Armani and Chopard diamonds. She also won for her work in Blue Jasmine

Then I turned into a giddy school girl when my husband, Leonardo Dicaprio won for best actor for The Wolf of Wall Street. My 12 year old crush on Leo was the reason I started watching these awards shows in the first place. (The year Titanic came out...did I just date myself? Oh dear) Congrats darling! Maybe we'll get that Oscar this year! You were robbed for your work in The Aviator!
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment