Thursday, July 30, 2015

Interning at Jewel Envy

Hi everyone!

My name is Cherry. I will be a fourth year student in Material Arts and Design program, majoring in Jewellery/Metalsmithing at OCAD University. I intend to do GIA after my undergraduate at OCAD University.

I recently finished my internship at Jewel Envy, which was from June 2nd to July 30th. I worked here as an intern as part of my internship course at school, which required me to work between 80 - 120 hours. I found out about this internship through Gillian Batcher, as she was my instructor for one of my courses in my third year; as well as through a posting in the jewellery studio at school. Interning at Jewel Envy has been a wonderful experience. It is exciting and eye opening to be working under four talented goldsmiths; Gillian Batcher, Alexis Kostuk, Amanda Henderson and Sasha Oda. I have learned techniques, which I wouldn't have learned at school. For example, I learned how to silver/gold plate, shown how to use tools that I have never used before, and much more. I have definitely improved on my technical skills through this internship, and I see things differently after working with the amazing goldsmiths at Jewel Envy.

I really appreciate Gillian, Alexis, Amanda, Sasha, and the rest of the goldsmiths at Jewel Envy for being so patient with me and treating me so kindly. This is an unforgettable experience! I wish everyone all the best in the future. :)

- Cherry

P.S: To see some of my past school work, feel free to see them under gallery at http://cherryliang.format.com/ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment