Thursday, July 21, 2016

Summer Internship Experience!

Hello!

It's Suki here again, the summer intern.


Today, I want to share a little bit about my internship experience so far at Jewel Envy. I cannot believe two months have already passed, and I am sad that my days working here will soon come to an end. Throughout these two months, I have learned all kinds of things and every day has been a new experience for me.

Let me share with you some of the things I learned! The first one would be organizing showcases in retail space of the store, it was super fun because I got to look at every single piece of jewellery that the studio's different goldsmiths create and ask them about different techniques when I have questions.






Secondly, I got to work with gold for the first time, which includes soldering and finishing. It was scary but exciting! I also get to practice wax carving, it was really hard to get it perfect, but everyone was super patient with me and willing to teach me even when I made mistakes! Thank you =)




 

Lastly, I also got to help out Hyewon, one of the Jewel Envy goldsmiths, at the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibtion. It was a great experience! I learned about the preparations that's needed for the show, displays, etc. It was amazing!






That's all from me today. I want to thank everyone at Jewel Envy, for these amazing experiences in these two months. I cannot wait to experience more and learn more in this coming month!

Thank you for reading, and have a fabulous day!!

- Suki-




   

No comments:

Post a Comment