Saturday, November 12, 2016

Strange November

It's a strange November this year. I can't recall a year where by this point it hasn't snowed even once. Yet here we are mid way through the month and not a flake has stuck to the ground. I hear people starting to talk about the holidays and feel like they can't be around the corner yet the calendar tells me they are!

What's bringing the time of year into focus is that our customers have started to ask about holiday orders and our timeline to make custom work. Our usual timing is 4-6 weeks but we'll rush orders at this time of year as we approach gift giving deadlines.The earlier you come, the happier we will be...hint hint ;o)

In past years I have worked Christmas Eve to have something special ready for a last minute shopper. But alas those crazy work nights are over for me as it will be the first Christmas/Hanukkah with my little one this year and I plan to spend it with my family.

Maybe next week we'll have a blanket of snow but for now I'm still enjoying the last hint of fall before the craziness of the holidays can't be pushed out of mind. I'm still enjoying the distraction of leaves falling and seeing the wonder in my babies eyes as we watch them come down around us.

Gillian


No comments:

Post a Comment