Saturday, July 29, 2017

Life in Plastic


The jewellery of Peter Chang has long been a fascination of mine. His bracelets are an amalgam of sea creatures, pop art, and sci-fi. His bracelets look like 3017 bespoke doughnuts I'd buy while driving around town in my hoover craft (maybe that's just me though?)

One of the things that intrigues me most is the process of creating the pieces. He uses various coloured plastics, such as acrylic and PVC, to create his jewellery. Transforming a disposable material into wearable art.

A short google search will uncover more of his work, but here are a few of my favourites:

I included materials/dates in the captions when I could find them ;o) Alexis

Polyester and epoxy resin made by Peter Chang, Bracelet 1992.

Peter Chang, Bracelet 1992

Acrylic, polyester, polyurethane foam and silver bracelet, designed and made by Peter Chang, Glasgow, Scotland, 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment